Monday, April 16, 2012

Our Story

It is with great excitement that I present Resident Keepers to the multi-family real estate industry.
“"We purposely and strategically build communities that last.”"
Many years of experience as a freelance publicist and event planner prepared me for this venture and gave me the ability to see that we live in a social media, meet-up, thrill seeking era. More than ever people are connecting with people that they don’t necessarily know to create the lives that they desire. We live in a time where people seek opportunities to create fun and energetic experiences and get a major kick out of posting amazing photos to their internet timelines. This new generation realizes the power and potential that comes with connecting with like-minded people to make things happen.
I myself endured some personal set-backs when the economy took a turn for the worst a few years ago. While under-employed I created opportunities to use my gifts and talents to generate income. I found myself doing a number of things from assisting people with their wardrobes, to creating and circulating press releases, to publishing a novel and more, but when I sat down and thought about all that I was doing, it dawned on me that the majority of what I was doing was creating experiences for people and connecting them to each other….. forming beneficial alliances.
Although I eventually returned to Corporate America as a Buyer. I continued to create experiences for people in my spare time. I couldn’t just let go of the camaraderie that I’d started; besides I’d been featured on CW 33, Good Morning Texas and other countless media outlets. This stuff was my passion and delivering these events gave me an emotional rush that words can’t explain.
I will never forget that moment at the last city wide event that I produced “Elvira’s Closet” a Halloween costume swap. A Woman walked up to me, hugged me and said, “Thank you so much for doing this! It’s absolutely amazing.”  There are no words to explain how rewarding that moment was for me.
I began to wonder how I could finally make this feeling last, not only the rewarding feeling but I wanted to continue to see people smiling and happy all because of the creative ideas that are always floating around in what I like to call “my busy and colorful head.” To make a long story short, I took all of my experiences including the nine months I spent as a property manager, and created a business that only allows me to keep creating amazing experiences for people, it allows me to offer a service that the apartment industry needs.
Let’s face it. Long gone are the days of stuffy suits, formal meetings and sitting donuts out on a ledge expecting people to show up. We live in a different time where we have to strategically compete for people’s attention and deliver joy and excitement to them.
Resident Keepers knows what it takes to do this and we stay on top of the evolving society that we live in. Think about it….people are not getting jobs and keeping them for years anymore. People are also not that concerned with staying in the same apartment very long. They are chasing thrills and always looking for “the better deal.”
 This generation knows that they have more choices and they have no issues with going out and creating the opportunities they want. By giving your residents a resource such as Resident Keepers you are saying to them we are on the cutting edge, we know what people want and we are more than willing to give it to you. It says to them, we care about you, we value you and we know that you have choices. It says to them we want to give you the power to create the World around you that you desire. It also says, we sense the shift in thinking and we’re on board and ready to move along with the times.
I look forward to working with you to boost the overall morale within your apartment community. Let’s create positive and fun energy catered specifically to your residents, increase your overall retention rates, raise the value of your property and bring an element of surprise and smiles to the faces of your residents.
Whether you are a property manager or a resident of a property that could use our services I look forward to working with you to implement our program and build a community within your community that will last.
Cheers,

Talisa Lavarry
Founder-Operator
Resident Keepershttp://www.residentkeepers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment